18 mile creek fossils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 mile creek fossils

This is my dog in front of the exposure at 18 mile creek, and a picture of our treasures.

Very cool fossils, and a great dog! Good luck!

Comment

very nice finds, I'm sooo there this spring Mike!
      Southern Connecticut

Comment

Hey Mike did you fish the 18 mile  too? Great looking spot. I only fish here one time just down below the thruway off of Shadagee Rd.  Caught nothing but it was a sunny day and you know how them steelheads can be. I usually do my best when the water is high and weather is overcast to snowing! LOL    
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Those are some really pretty fossils, and cute dog also.

Comment

Love the fossils! Thanks for sharing.
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Wow!  Fossils, (upon), fossils!  Really cool.  Nice companion too!

Comment

Hoss wrote:

Hey Mike did you fish the 18 mile  too? Great looking spot. I only fish here one time just down below the thruway off of Shadagee Rd.  Caught nothing but it was a sunny day and you know how them steelheads can be. I usually do my best when the water is high and weather is overcast to snowing! LOL    
                  I don't go up to fish, it is a decent drive for me, over an hour. I have watched people catch Smallmouth one after another in the hole right at the mouth. I don't have fossils like this at my place. I don't think many people do!
                I like to fish Chautauqua creek, but all the New York streams stay cloudy longer after a rain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chautauqua_Creek
                So I jump over to PA, when I can. 20 mile creek, and Elk are world class fishing in Erie PA.
                Steelhead fishing is about finding ones that haven't been harassed as much, if you are willing to walk you will have a blast. On the other hand the New York steams seem to get more browns returning, which for eating purposes I prefer.
                Thanks for the kind words everyone, glad you like them.

Comment

Too cool...I like the older stuff Cambrian I would venture to say considering New York.
                  The trilobites are always one of my favorites, or could you guess that?
                  Thanks for the look at some Yankeee stuff...... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
                  Bone2stone
                  It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                  It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                  Circa:1982

Comment

Those are amazing fossils!!! I would hate to meet your dog in a dark alley. Is it really a sweetheart as intimidating as it looks?

Comment

Working...
                    X