Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dinosaur big vertebrae any ideas what from and others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dinosaur big vertebrae any ideas what from and others?

Dug these up after seen one corner sticking out of creek bank in what they call the woodbine formation here in north TX.

layer is a gray clay and has a ton plants that are turned to coal and a mineral crystals called selenite etc.

supposedly Cretaceous period etc.

the smaller one was behind the big one and dug all around after finding these and nothing else.

from the fossil forum I used to be on and my own enterweb surf boarding might be from a duck bill.

anyone know there dinosaur stuff ?

I know very little and only other Dino stuff I’ve found is a few shark teeth and one possible plesiosaurs or mosasuar vertebrae which I included on here.

Included some other small Dino bones and teeth also.

from what I here they are very rare to find in Texas in the gray Merle woodbine formation layer

just stumbled on em in a wash out and creeks while looking for Indian stuff etc. didn’t really know what I found.

My second passion other than Indian stuff is searching gravel bars on the river for Pleistocene ice bones that wash out and have big coolers full of bison and other extinct critters.

will get all the Pleistocene crap out soon and make a post to show y’all.
    Attached Files

FYI These are all fossilized and 2 big bones are also but very fragile and had to hose down with clear coat epoxy to not decenigrate and turn to dirt pile

Comment

Looks like you’re finding some nice fossils.
      South Dakota

Comment

• F msm
        F msm commented
        Editing a comment
        These are the only ones I’ve found. Looks like your in South Dakota. I’ve watched some you tube digs I believe from one of the dakotas and y’all have a lot of dinosaur stuff up there.

• SDhunter
        SDhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, we have dinos out west in the badlands
    Working...
    X