Extinct species of Bison skull cap find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extinct species of Bison skull cap find

Only one I’ve found. Here’s a pic. One horn was sticking out of bank. Dug it out. Also few bones with in 10 yards washed out and a couple in bank with skull cap.

dug all around didn’t find anymore of skeleton

I consider this one of my favorite finds.
    Attached Files

Here’s pics of it preserved in clear coat.

The whitetail shed Behind skull is a big one I found from same buck that’s mounted above on wall. Craziest 8 point giant I have 4 sheds from I found. Biggest 8 point in tarrant county non high fence buck.

Makes bison skull cap look small.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here’s pics of it preserved in clear coat.

The whitetail shed Behind skull is a big one I found from same buck that’s mounted above on wall. Craziest 8 point giant I have 4 sheds from I found. Could be the Biggest 8 point in tarrant county non high fence buck.

tarrant co tx for y’all that arnt from tx is mostly city and overpopulated by humans.

we are over populated by deer in my neighborhood not so much humans.

im just a deer hunter for meat. Could care less about horns but he’s a impressive critter in my opinion.

Makes bison skull cap look small.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here’s 2 of the turds overpopulated inbreed backyard 6 point that’s destroying my jap maple from last night and other night.

glad we don’t have cron. Wasting disease nor lime disease in my hood
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice post Fmsn. Is the bison skull petrified?
          keep on keepin after

Comment

thanks man

No sir. Not even mineralized like a lot of old stuff I find. Not sure if any bison skulls have ever been found but I’m not expert.

Comment

Not much of a chance of finding anything biodegradable like wood and bone around here, that is really old anyways because of our climate. I have heard of people finding some things preserved in swamps and in clay.
              keep on keepin after

Comment

Yes. It’s all about acidity of soil I think. Certain stuff is preserved in sediment layers some are not. 2 different big rivers down here I find no bones and other i do.

Comment

Working...
                X