No announcement yet.

Effigy-Shooting Season Now Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess somethings are like those ink blot pictures, we ALL see different things. :dry:  I was thinking blue herin or a pelican. Crow? Possibly. I would definitely say bird EFFIGY. THANKS AGAIN to all.
    -Travis

Comment

It looks like a bird to me.......maybe a duck Roger. Thanks for this thread, amazing a effigy post and no one is mad.

Comment

kansas wrote:

I guess somethings are like those ink blot pictures, we ALL see different things. :dry:  I was thinking blue herin or a pelican. Crow? Possibly. I would definitely say bird EFFIGY. THANKS AGAIN to all.
        -Travis
          OK.  A bird.  I was thinking ears as opposed to eyes?  Abstract bird!  Love it!  EFFIGY! :woohoo:

Comment

I always thought they might be Water Turkeys. Those birds would of really excited the Indians cause they can fly and go under water for long periods of time to catch fish. And they can float on top as well. I know they adored all birds because they could fly and some even worshiped them as Gods. There is another name for them but I cant give it cause somebody would get offended.  :woohoo: (the bird) Id probally get in trouble for it.

Comment

Roger, dagnab it. I was through my fourth read of your post when I realized that it had little to do with a rock that looked like a duck. It was instead a tutorial of how to approach looking at a object in a academic, or in my case logical way! Separating the emotion from fact. You did make me travel through the smokescreen filled with Kings, Romans and wives of Henry VIII. Well done, my headache has almost gone away now. 

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Roger, dagnab it. I was through my fourth read of your post when I realized that it had little to do with a rock that looked like a duck. It was instead a tutorial of how to approach looking at a object in a academic, or in my case logical way! Separating the emotion from fact. You did make me travel through the smokescreen filled with Kings, Romans and wives of Henry VIII. Well done, my headache has almost gone away now. 
                Yeah, I know I'm long winded. Excercise is good for the brain though. Take another of them blue tablets and it'll be fine. :laugh:
              Seriously, though I think it wasn't such a bumpy ride was it? Not too much mud thrown and nobody died!
              Here's my favourite effigy. No apologies it's from the Solomon Islands. It's a "reliquary" in the form of a stylised tunny or swordfish, designed to take an ancestral skull. You can see it sitting in the central compartment, so that gives you an idea of the scale.

Cool item (not mine of course). No way my wife would have a human skull in the house!
              Roger
              I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

That is truly a work of art. I chuckle when I think of you with that thing proudly tucked under one arm, a umbrella in your other hand and trying to board a bus to get it home.
                I think it was a very educational weekend all the way 'round !

Comment

I was hoping someone wanted to know the other name for a water turkey....its a type of goose.

Comment

Yup everytime.

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

I think it was the same here Butch lol. Thanks Roger. Ray
                      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                      X