Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaf arrowhead, Chiseldon Wiltshire this morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf arrowhead, Chiseldon Wiltshire this morning!

Found this, this morning. Grid walked the field last year took about 30 hours and found many rough scrapers but no special tools, first day today this season on the field and here we go.
    Attached Files

Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

That’s a beauty 👍
      Floridaboy.

Comment

An awesome find from the other side of the pond!
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Agree, a beauty!
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Beautiful find, Congrats 🎊

Comment

That is a super dandy little point. It is always interesting to see what you folks find in the British Isles.

Comment

Dang that's a sweet one.
                Utah

Comment

You can still see the original platform from which the preform flake was struck. It's on the bottom right hand corner. Perdy
                  South Carolina

Comment

This is exciting to see for us over here .

Comment

Fantastic. Very exciting find. Lovely flint and beautifully made too. Well worth the 31(?) hours it took to find.
                      I wouldn't mind seeing some crude scrapers from Wiltshire. Or anything really. Ancient Britain is so interesting, especially lithics, and we rarely get to see them. Good show.
                      California

Comment

Originally posted by tomf View Post
                        Fantastic. Very exciting find. Lovely flint and beautifully made too. Well worth the 31(?) hours it took to find.
                        I wouldn't mind seeing some crude scrapers from Wiltshire. Or anything really. Ancient Britain is so interesting, especially lithics, and we rarely get to see them. Good show.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This is awesome. Any idea how old? I know “people” have been in Northern Europe for hundreds of thousands of years but Homo sapiens only the last 30-40k or so. I assume it’s not Neanderthal or older based on the craftsmanship, but have no idea of typology there or associated age. It must be pretty cool to walk around a field knowing everything from primitive species’ tools to Roman coins are under your soil!
                          Central Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerMike View Post
                            This is awesome. Any idea how old? I know “people” have been in Northern Europe for hundreds of thousands of years but Homo sapiens only the last 30-40k or so. I assume it’s not Neanderthal or older based on the craftsmanship, but have no idea of typology there or associated age. It must be pretty cool to walk around a field knowing everything from primitive species’ tools to Roman coins are under your soil!
                            I had the first finds dated by the local museum as late neolithic but I suspect the same site was used by earlier settlers.

Comment

We do have a section of the forum for items like this: International (Non-North American) Artifacts
                              Michigan Yooper
                              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
                              X