Jade Celts for Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jade Celts for Ray

These aren't common finds, but I've come across a bunch of them over 25 years collecting in the Caribbean -and- Northern South America.

A group of three inline celts (small celts, hafted to create a longer cutting edge.)

The middle one.

A very small one.

The one from shell cache.

A couple more:

Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Wow Joshua you have an amazing collection thanks for sharing.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thank you for that Joshua! I really do love jade anything. The one with the hole is special too.
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

It's worth pointing out, that with the exception of maybe one or two pieces, all of these have a rough/unfinished pole section.  I'm not sure if it was the hardness of the material or trying to get the most out of the length, but it's always struck me as odd that the ends are rough.

Comment

Joshua, I know you have commitments to another forum, but truly appreciate you taking time to share your collection here. Those are great Celts, something you just don't see. Thank you for sharing.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

chase wrote:

Joshua, I know you have commitments to another forum, but truly appreciate you taking time to share your collection here. Those are great Celts, something you just don't see. Thank you for sharing.
              No problem, it's fun to share on a new site (new to me.)  Slow day at home, I'm alternating between helping my daughter with her paper mache project, taking down some final christmas decorations, watching the Bennett auction for some nice rare books, and moving some pictures around on the laptop between auction lots.
            The auction is going pretty well.  I picked up Lar Hothem's personal copy of Townsend's Birdstone book, and a couple of early books that you don't see very often.  I missed a couple of other ones, and was surprised at the prices on a few (Moorehead's books when higher than I expected.)

Comment

Working...
            X