More pipes, personal finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More pipes, personal finds

I am lucky occasionally hunt a site in the tropics where pipes are very common finds, here are a couple.

Stone tube pipe.

Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Those are fabulous Joshua! Can you share more info like culture?
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Arawak/Lake Valencia culture of Venezuela.   The proper name in archaeology in the US is Tierroid.  The hallmark is the coffee bean eye.  They were kind of a regional player influenced by the Caribbean cultures to the North and East, and Colombian to the West.  1000 ad right through Spanish conquest.
      Lake Valencia material, Smithsonian

Comment

Thanks Joshua. Those are some amazing finds.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

It's fun.  I grew up field hunting in the US, so finds were few, far between and normally plow damaged.  Then you go to digging really rich sites and it kind of spoils you a bit.
          These beads were a from a couple of passes up and down a sugar cane field.  Celts are also quite common.  If the country weren't so darn unstable it would be a paradise.

Comment

Thanks for sharing those pictures with us Joshua Cool artifacts man!
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Very nice finds!
              Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks for sharing, some artifacts you don't get to see very often. Some personal finds as well. That is sweet!
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Nice, Thanks for sharing those. I enjoy seeing the S of the border stuff You share.
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Those are great loved seeing them!
                    I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

B) proof...aliens do exist! Check out those faces on those couple top pipes,ever see a person who looks like that?....LOL. No, but seriously, those are really nice finds. You are lucky to be able to travel an find such things.

Comment

Working...
                      X