Arkansas Novaculite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas Novaculite

Some info on Novaculite. ( You have to scroll down to find the Novaculite page.)
    Content: Arkansas Archeology, Author: Mary Beth Trubitt, Developer: John R. Samuelsen, Funding: National Endowment for the Humanities and the Arkansas Humanities Council, Organization: Arkansas Archeological Survey, Associations: University of Arkansas and Henderson State University
    Last edited by Levi Caldwell; 07-23-2023, 01:01 PM.

Good info. I live across the river and several miles northwest from the confluence of the Arkansas with the Mississippi River and while novaculite is not an every time find it seems to be more common than other imported materials. I always liked finding points made of it

Comment

Trying to see what I have. Found this in Boone County AR. Plowing up a Field on Grandparents Property

Comment

• painshill
        painshill commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to arrowheads.com Jman.

You need to start your own thread (in "What Did I Find?") and add some pictures. There are tutorials in the "How Do I...?" section if you're having problems.

This piece of history was unearthed in Simpson County MS. Novaculite is not a native lithic here in MS. Just goes to show you how much our Native Americans travelled, and how they worked with the bartering system.
      ~Carpe Diem~

Comment

Working...
      X