Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Kelley
    replied
    Hey Dennis, Many thanks for all the help. Sure looks like you nailed it On all A,B, and C.
    That last one had me guessing Harpoon, Drill, and Gunther Triangle but Columbia Mule Ear
    worked down to a drill sure seems to fit. Thanks Again.

Leave a comment:

• south fork
    replied
    A. looks like a NORTHERN SIDE-NOTCHED made of banded obsidian B. ROSE SPRING CORNER NOTCHED C. QUILOMENE BAR . D. a wild guess is a worked down to a drill form Columbia River mules ear .

Leave a comment:

• rixdafix
    replied
    Can't help with ID but beautiful artifacts you have there. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf22
    replied
    Material could have come from Glass Mountain in nothern California.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Must be nice to look forward to finding such beautiful material on a hunt. Great photos, Ron. Crescent Drills look like your 4th point. But, way out of my region. That's eye candy there :cheer:

Leave a comment:

• Ron Kelley
    replied
    This material is interesting: I just had to go outside to catch some rays.
    Most of the pieces have dark streaks in the obsidian. The fourth point which
    I have labeled D is of special interest to me. I am wondering what it's
    possible use would have been. I'm wondering if perhaps it was used to harvest fish.
    Whatever it's use; I am always attracted to the odd points which I don't see often.
    Ron

Leave a comment:

• chase
    replied
    Ron, those are great! always love obsidian points. cant help you with ID.

Leave a comment:

• rmartin
    replied
    Sure can't help Ron but that is some fine material. Maybe Arrow or Dalred will see this and help you out.

Leave a comment:

• JoshinMO
    replied
    Nice pictures of those Points! Like the translucency/Color change.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Kelley
    started a topic Smokey Gray Oregon Obsidian

Smokey Gray Oregon Obsidian

I would like to know if this material has some local name. The four points are from Oregon’s Goose Lake Valley. Also would like to know the point types. Very interested to know type for D. Your help is always appreciated.
    Ron
    A. 2 inches

B. 1 inch

C. 7/8 inch

D. 1 3/16 inch

Working...
X