SE PA Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE PA Materials

I put a frame together just to show the different materials I find here in the lower Susquehanna valley. Quartz is the number one material, I didn't feel the need to add any to this frame, lol. Just wanted to show the different colors of Jasper and Ryolite, some black chert, mostly from cracked cobble, a couple pieces some people call schist. When I stumble upon these materials shown, I slow down and take a really good look. The jasper is found NE of me, and west, so when I find a piece I know it walked here. Thanks for looking ,Eric

Nice lithics in your area !

Comment

good job! and cool idea
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Very cool array of lithics Eric, some of those sure look very familiar in my area! I think some of those Jaspers had some very long legs!
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

Nice range of lithics. Anyplace you find jasper is a good place in my book. Like rhyolite too....
          Rhode Island

Comment

When I look at my frames, I have very few points of jasper. There are so many types of black chert in PA you have to really look close, I think a lot found in this area are from cobble, but not all, lol. Its a cool place to hunt, you never know what you might find. I just do it for the hobby of collecting, don't buy or sell. Im really new to this as years go but Ive learned a lot, thanks all!

Comment

Nice Eric.  Similar colors found here in south- west New Jersey, minus the rhyolite (rare here).  Question; are
              there a lot of chert pebbles on the banks of the Susquehana? Thanks
              Evan
              New Jersey

Comment

The Susquehanna is just like any other river on the banks. I did find a few things north on the river from where I arrowhead hunt. Everything in that frame was found in fields.

Comment

Working...
                X