Quick Hunt At Tilly(39)s Hill Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Hunt At Tilly(39)s Hill Site

I had business in town so afterward I took the long way home and stopped by Tilly's Hill site . It needs rain the weeds are all dead and there's plenty of gopher mounds . But the soil is powder and everything is covered in fine dust . I found two broken Gunther Barbed Points late prehistoric and historic periods A.D. 800 up until the Gold Rush and perhaps to the turn of the century . And a worked down to the nub Martis Corner Notched Late Archaic 1000 B.C. to CA . A. D. 650 made of rhyolite . Information From Noel D Justice . The translucent point is made on a flake to bad the tips broken . And a photo of my finds over the last couple of months from the site on top of desk . And a site case mostly surface finds from the site over the last couple of years . 

Thanks Dennis, Very nice site collection.
    I really like the picture of the site too.
    Is that a stream just beyond the tree line?
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Ron Kelley wrote:

Thanks Dennis, Very nice site collection.
      I really like the picture of the site too.
      Is that a stream just beyond the tree line?
        Thanks There's a year round creek to the left and a spring system to the right . The camp is a series of small knoll's some with bedrock mortars .

Comment

great stuff! good job on the pics too! you have some really nice things there!
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Thats a great site to have as a drive by site :lol: Thanks!
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

chase wrote:

Thats a great site to have as a drive by site :lol: Thanks!
              I'm Thankful its still there another hunter took me there over 35 years ago .

Comment

35 years! Amazing how much "junk" gets left behind from a few hundred to a few thousands years!
              Guessing it's one of your favorite sites, thanks Dennis.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

35 years! Amazing how much "junk" gets left behind from a few hundred to a few thousands years!
                Guessing it's one of your favorite sites, thanks Dennis.
                This was a large camp its all cut up into small home sites now . There's only about five acres left to hunt but rich in artifacts . I'm afraid its all coming to an end with development .

Comment

Working...
                X