1950,s indians of az wild find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950,s indians of az wild find

Glass just crazy ,thought I would share.

Talk about resourceful .

Why Not give us a little history on what were looking at please. 
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Yes would love  to hear some history and where they came from .
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

Here in az southwest during the historic period they indian used glass to yo make arrowheads and cutting tools when I found them I thought I found unfinished obsidian but it is definitely glass the little one has LA in red and white ,in 1952,53 Pepsi cola came out with the red and white label so that is why I say the 50,s and they were found together off the Santa Cruz river where all the excavating is going on where they have found and documented several glass tips from the historic period . I will post the documented site if u would like to read it .when I picked them up i was thinking bullshit then I was like wow what a cool find history is just amazing , thank you all for checking out the pic,s just thought I would share them with every body . Thanks why not

Comment

Out here there is all kinds of cool finds I even think I found a busted arrow found it in three pieces .

Tell me what yall think

Comment

Thanks Why Not. I bet that point is sharp as glass.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Ron Kelley wrote:

Thanks Why Not. I bet that point is sharp as glass.
              That is quite good Ron.
              The arrow shaft may be nothing more than Saguaro these are very straight, and I see no modification. But thank you! that explains a lot. I would be interested in reading on the site.
              If you dont mind posting it.
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Seymourharlan.com  go to homepage files page then scroll down to files page 27 and read from there .thank why not

Comment

Homepage files 2 i forgot the 2 sorry

Comment

Why not wrote:

Homepage files 2 i forgot the 2 sorry
                      That's a fascinating site... but I can't find the "homepage files" - with or without a 2!
                    Can you help us a bit more with navigating the site? You can copy and paste the address to the page from the window at the top of your browser and paste it here (it then appears as a hot-link and will take us to the appropriate section).
                      You may also be interested in the attached pdf file which has some interesting information about bottle glass artefacts and some good pointers on how to recognise intentional from accidental modification:
                      BottleGlassasArtefactSourceWorldwidewithNativeAmer icanemphasis.pdf
                    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Will try to paste it thanks for the info painshill .why not

Comment

Working...
                      X