Proof!!! I am not older than dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof!!! I am not older than dirt

A couple of weeks ago, I met up with a fellow member to look for some artifacts. James Laswell met me early in the morning and we took off to find those pesky points. Well as luck would have it, where I wanted to go was not yet ready to hunt. We went on to a few other places but came up with only a broken tip between the two of us. Before James left to go back home he gave me this small Celt. I have been looking at it from time to time and thought it was cool that the person that found it put a date as to when it was found, 1956. Well the other thing I noticed was there was still dirt on the celt. which got me thinking this is cool that dirt has been there all these years. Then I thought that dirt is older than me. :crazy:  :rolf: So now I have proof positive I am not older than some dirt. Just sometimes feel that way after a long day of hunting. Thanks James for the cool gift!

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Cool piece.  I love pieces with dates on them, it's double cool to think about the original user of the piece, and the original finder of the piece.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Nice gift! From here, it reads 52 not 56, in a distinct script on the 2.

Comment

CliffJ wrote:

Nice gift! From here, it reads 52 not 56, in a distinct script on the 2.
          I agree with Cliff, It looks like 52 which means I am still older than that dirt! :rolf: Very nice gift.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Very nice gift.  :huh: I too am older than dirt but only by a hand full of years.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice James!
            Just months older than me, but like the others Chase, I can see it's a 2!
            So no, your not older, but it appears reading glasses have now become a necessity!
            Welcome to the old timers club!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

:rolf: And here we could have sworn you were older than dirt.  :whistle:  :evil:
              That was a very nice and thoughtful gift. What a good friend to give it to you. And it sure is a tiny little thing, very nice too.

Comment

I went home last night scratching my head :crazy:  :crazy:  but The pics do not show it the date really is 1956. :crazy: really
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Ghosts!!!!!!!!
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

At your age, what's a couple of years !

Comment

Now we know why you guys only found a broken tip.  You both need glasses!
                      South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                      X