Camo Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo Point

This lithic reminds me of a knife I have from Yazoo Mississippi.
    This point is from Southern Colorado.

Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

thats one cool looking point, sweet

Comment

Very, very cool material. That's definitely a unique point.

Comment

Agreed, very cool point Ron! Any idea on the type? I'm not familiar with your typology for that area but always try to expand my horizons. And any ID on the lithic as well if ya know, thanks for showing such a unique piece!
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

That is one beauty of a point! Isn't it amazing the great variety of materials available to make arrowheads with? it never ceases to amaze me all the different ones there are. Thank you for sharing it.

Comment

cgode wrote:

Agreed, very cool point Ron! Any idea on the type? I'm not familiar with your typology for that area but always try to expand my horizons. And any ID on the lithic as well if ya know, thanks for showing such a unique piece!
            Thanks Chris, I would also like to know.
            Michigan Yooper

Comment

[QUOTE]Ron Kelley wrote:

Originally posted by cgode post=104290
              I cant tell if this is heat treated, but a possible type would be alibates.
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

[QUOTE]chase wrote:

[quote=Ron Kelley post=104297]
                Originally posted by cgode post=104290
                I cant tell if this is heat treated, but a possible type would be alibates.
                  I don't much about Alibates but it sure looks heat treated to me. Ron, that is some stunning material and a very nice piece because of it.
                Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

The only thing that I questioned was the pattern of the colors. More of what I have seen has a straighter lines in the material. Color is a good match

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

That's some beautiful material,I sure do like the swirls!!!Our coastal plains has some purples in it when heat treated but nothing like that.Awesome point.

Comment

That's one of the coolest points I've seen in a long time.  I wouldn't have even used
                      it had I made it.      Gary
                      South Dakota

Comment

Thanks Gary, I wouldn't have used it either. I believe that some artifacts were probably crafted with the plan to never use them.
                        Michigan Yooper

Comment

maybe the guy dropped it and couldnt find it! sure is a beauty!
                          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

WOW..that is beautiful...definitely a pmpp!!! thanx 4 sharing

Comment

love the color of that piece, what a dandy.

Comment

Working...
                              X