A few Hafted Scrapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Hafted Scrapers

Thought I'd post a few pics of some hafted scrapers that I had taken pics of a while back.

Nice! Like the ears on that first grey one and that big dog! You would think they would have resharpened it with a point but obviously had intent!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks Coach. That is a great display of hafted scrapers.
      Many of those have a good bevel, great showing.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice bunch there Coach. I really like these and you would think they would be more common.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Awesome, Coach!
          Back in the Day you could buy these "blunts, LOL" by the boxful at shows.  You could also buy flake knives and Wallers, unifacials, etc. for almost nothing.  People used to (still do!?!???) leave tools in their spoil piles or next to 'em.
          IMHOP, these tools are becoming much more appreciated and worth more these days, though I do not like to put monetary value on personal finds.  They deserve a lot more attention and collection.   Hafted scrapers had many different uses as seen on the bit end of your examples.    Sweeeet. 
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Nice collection that's an artifact that eludes me . I think I have a couple personal finds and I bought a small collection of hafted scrapers .

Comment

Working...
            X