Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rest of the story

This goes out to a fellow member.
    This point I found on an outing like all of us. But for me it was more, I had taken out a person that is directional challenged, and in the mountains of Colorado could be a problem. We set out for a day hunt that had a walk of two miles to start with. Now I normally walk two steps behind those directional challenged, but this time I had taken walkie talkies so I could touch bases. I took up a valley that I had found a small camp Now I figured my instructions on how to use a walkie talkie was clear. But when I tried to contact her I got anything but. OMG I got the start of her talk the last of her talk and then I got a button press which she did not let up for a while. When I finally got on I spoke to her on what she needed to do to have a conversation. With that done she waved to me from a small knoll a few hundred yards away. As I but my walkie talkie away on my belt my head turned to make sure it was put in place, which a glint caught my eye. and setting pretty was this little point.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20110821_5.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	253268Click image for larger version

Name:	20110821_70 (800x600).jpg
Views:	61
Size:	447.3 KB
ID:	253269
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

great story and that is a neat point. Nothing like that around here in West Tn

Comment

DAMN DUDE!!!

would that be an awatovi,desert sierra or a harrell?

is that made from quartzite? sure looks like it

Comment

Nice point chase thanks for sharing the story
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Man... that is beautiful!
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Great story and what perfect timing as to place and walkie talkie miscommunication!
            It is a sweet little point !
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Kind of looks like a Billings
              South Dakota

Comment

That's a nice find.

Comment

Heck yea !!!!! Some one lernd how to use some walkie talkies and u found nice pointy rock !! Thanks for sharing Chase
                  As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                  NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                  X