My Artifact Guy Sold Me Some Smokers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Artifact Guy Sold Me Some Smokers!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	325950I wanted to show everyone the points I bought yesterday. The Flint Ridge Decauter is an absolute killer as well as the Thebes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Helldogg; 10-16-2018, 02:02 PM.

Yes, it is okay to post purchased artifacts, as long as you inform us that they were bought.

You are right! They are some smokers! The Thebes is my favorite!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Real nice purchases there Hogg. They will make a great frame. Hard to pick a favorite but that side notch on the right is a dandy...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Originally posted by BabaORiley View Post
        Real nice purchases there Hogg. They will make a great frame. Hard to pick a favorite but that side notch on the right is a dandy...
        I am thinking the side notched is Woodland period? It looks Flint Ridge to me... the color is awesome. The most simple one is the dovetail.
        Last edited by Helldogg; 10-16-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

He brought You some good ones! Maybe Native American Arrowhead's and other Lithic Artifact's area would be better assuming You don't share The Site but It's probably fine. Thanks for sharing Those though.
          Last edited by JoshinMO; 10-16-2018, 11:58 AM. Reason: fix
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoshinMO View Post
            He brought You some good ones! Maybe Native American Arrowhead's and other Lithic Artifact's area would be better assuming You don't share The Site but It's probably fine. Thanks for sharing Those though.
            Thank you. Please moderators if this is posted in the wrong forum will you move it accordingly? Thanks.

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              You're good here HD. The Forum Topic matches your post.

Cool points those are sweet
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Originally posted by redrocks View Post
              Cool points those are sweet
              Thank you Sir.

Comment

Those points cover quite a type cross section HD. Nice representation as well. Like Josh, I really like that side notch point.
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

You bought some nice ones for sure!
                  South Dakota

Comment

The collection that was obtained had 550 pieces but a lot of the artifacts were banner stones and what not. Those are being sold first which means I have had my pick of the better points so these essentially were four that I chose. He has about another 25 I am interested in but unfortunately money does not grow on trees.

Comment

I know the Decatur is Flint Ridge chert, but what are the others?
                      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky point View Post
                        I know the Decatur is Flint Ridge chert, but what are the others?
                        The Thebes is definatly Flint Ridge and although the color on the side notched point is unique I have to say it is Flint Ridge as well. The Dove is hard to tell. There is darker grayish flint found at Flint Ridge but if I was a betting man I would say it was gray Coshocton flint. It could possibly be made out of Indiana Hornstone as well. All this points were found in Ohio.
                        Last edited by Helldogg; 10-17-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Those are indeed four dandy points. Many miles of walking it usually takes to find points of that quality. I tend to like the Decaturs best cause the town lies in the center of my old hunting grounds and was named by a former mentor of mine, James Cambron.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorjoe View Post
                            Those are indeed four dandy points. Many miles of walking it usually takes to find points of that quality. I tend to like the Decaturs best cause the town lies in the center of my old hunting grounds and was named by a former mentor of mine, James Cambron.
                            That is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Everything I have learned is from me, myself, and I. As one member told me today we all are a dying breed. I know for fact however that we still have the next generation because my son will forever be an artifact hunter just as his daddy. I actually recently joined here because I felt it was time to both share my little knowledge of artifacts and also learn from the experts. I am glad that you like the Decatur as most here love the side notched...out of all four the side notch for me is my least favorite.
                            Last edited by Helldogg; 10-17-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X