Fount interesting tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fount interesting tool

Went out yesterday and found this interesting tool yesterday. It just looked like a rock until further inspection. It could be a Scraper, Celt, or adz. it also neat that it has some marks on it. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0235.JPG Views:	1 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	338946 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0236.JPG Views:	1 Size:	46.2 KB ID:	338947 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0237.JPG Views:	1 Size:	47.7 KB ID:	338948 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0238.JPG Views:	1 Size:	84.9 KB ID:	338949
    Last edited by willjo; 12-20-2018, 11:57 AM.
    South East Ga. Twin City

That rock has paleo incising . JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Collins dug one similar to yours at the Gault site that had been purposely placed over a paleo point.. You’ve blown me away..!

• willjo
      willjo commented
      Editing a comment
      That is interesting information, I was thinking not that old but I have found paleo material in area.

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I had to calm down before I came back...You’ve found something from the paleo times that was meant to transfer info,and or meant to be found to do same! I’ll guarantee there are paleo artifacts where you found it..I’d would not reach to far to say the best artifact I’ve seen in 18 ! And the most important !

Wow nice find Willjo inscribed stone is mad cool
    SW Connecticut

Comment

I would of never seen that Johnny great find.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Wow that's INCREDIBLE!!! holy cow man.
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

More like a tablet than a tool, yes I’ve had a fit over your stone !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Editing a comment
            It’s so old,that some of the incisions have worn away....Prehaps if enough are found , which I doubt , maybe someone might decipher the meaning !

Willjo go back there now man!!
          SW Connecticut

Comment

I’m not doubting anyone, but how do we know this, based on the lines? I just want to learn.
            Last edited by SDhunter; 12-20-2018, 07:13 PM.
            South Dakota

Comment

Yeah that’s a top notch find . I am with Gary teach me about the lines .

Comment

We don’t know what the lines or box incisions mean. I can tell you this... The latest designs like that is on Anasazi pottery bowls. The NA’s called them, “The Old Ones.” Now, paleo people did not have,make,or use pottery. They did have bone,wood,and stone. Most of all perishable paleo artifacts have done just that, perish. Mostly ,all that is left is stone.
                Yes, later NA’s did incise about everything. And we don’t know what that means either. Now, let’s get back to to the Stone.
                Ive seen about 25 incised stones like the one Willjo found. There is a distinct pattern that is almost always the same, lines &boxes. Now, it’s not just a doodle, it has meaning..No one knows what it means. The distinct lines and boxes are accociated with paleo artifacts..These incisions were meant to stay,nearly all the same type incisions are on hard stone. The incisions were not done quickly,it took much more time to incise the hardstone than to knap a projectile. As anyone can see in pic 4 ,some of the incisions have weathered away..This weathering displays distinct age. Yes, further study must be done. The problem is,is that in paleo digs,hardly any hard stone incised stones are found.Exception Gault site.Also, archeologist may have in fact dug up these incised stones and dismissed them as doodles..Simply put , not much is known. However it is known that these type incised stones are associated with paleo people. My personal opinion, a grave good...
                Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Tam
                  Tam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very nice , I’ll keep my eyes wide open.

Wow what an amazing find congratulations!
                N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Johnny I just saw the squares .. what was going through your mind ? You have such a collection and bottle of knowledge ..

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                    Editing a comment
                    I know you have a similar stone. Look at a post at the bottom . A page out of Turner & Hester’s last book , before Ellen went to her reward. Bless her soul !

What in the Sam Hill...

I don't know what that. is. Cool. Very cool. How in the heck did you spot it? That's gonna puzzle me for a while.
                  "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I am crying

Comment

This is from Turner & Hester’s last artifact book.... JJ
                      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                        Editing a comment
                        But I believe the stones are country wide.....
                    Working...
                    X