Mississippi point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi point

New to the forum,,I have point that I found in Miss. years ago,,it is 8" long by 3" wide and is perfect,,just trying to find some info and maybe an apprx value,,cant get the picture to load,( note sez file is to large),,not real tech savvy,,any suggestions,,thanks Bob

I suggest on learning how to upload pictures...not much we can do based just on description.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a little harsh😳

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      It wasn't harsh, at least I don't think it is. I never mean to be abrasive. I was just saying what needed to happen.

look for edit/convert/resize in your photo file, bring it to less than it originally is , then try posting
    San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

Here's a few links that may be of help, if using a phone sometimes I find simply cropping the photo down usually helps and I always use the clipboard icon.

https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...​​​​

I have a problem. When I try and post an insitu, the computer says invalid file. When I try and post the very next picture of me holding the point, I can
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Simple Image Resizer is quick and easy. Just download the app or visit the site then you choose a picture and click on “resize” After it downloads save image to your photo gallery and then you will be able to share your pictures here.
        SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Thanks for all the responses,,i tried clicking on the clipboard icon and then my picture but it sez my pic is still to large,,gonna keep trying

Comment

pic

Comment

Dont know what I did but here you go,, found it in central Miss., Rankin Co., on a small tributary off the Pearl River,,we had a piece of property there and turned it up with a turning plow, the area was littered with points and shards at that time,,

Comment

Well worth the wait! Not much help with type and we don't discuss values on the forum but I'm sure someone will come along with a type suggestion. Thanks for sharing!
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

It almost looks like a Kirk / Hopewell hybrid.
                "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Look at Smithsona I think I spelled it right. Might be what you have there. If it is at that length it’s 1st stage
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Where would one go to get a fair appraisal,,asked a few local collectors but i think was getting the fox guarding the hen house answer

Comment

Very, very sweet blade... Not to many found in that shape, congrats !
                    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Thanks for all the PMs,,learned a lot

Comment

Originally posted by double hunter View Post
                        Dont know what I did but here you go,, found it in central Miss., Rankin Co., on a small tributary off the Pearl River,,we had a piece of property there and turned it up with a turning plow, the area was littered with points and shards at that time,,
                        Do you still have the other points you found I’d like to see them also if you do
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                        X