A little snow ain’t stopping me!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little snow ain’t stopping me!!!!!

This is the second bout of winter weather in less than a week in NJ but I wasn’t letting it stop me. Last Wednesday we got a couple inches and I got a nice 8 pointer with the shotgun. Today we got around a inch and since the weather cleared up as I was leaving work I decided to go to one of my dig sites and search around in the sand that was so wet it was damn near quicksand. Sorry about that god awful pictures, I didn’t realize how bad they were until I started this post. I will take some better pics and post them tomorrow. Not really sure what type it is, I’m still researching it but it’s still a pretty cool little guy made from Argillite
    Warren County New Jersey

Brrrr...looks cold. Neat little point. Blurry pics. Looks heavily worn like a creek find.
    California

Comment

• HBird
      HBird commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re right about it being heavily worn but wrong about the Creek find. I found it digging in one of my spots. It’s made from Argillite which will naturally break down on it’s own just sitting in the sand

Me either Bird, I actually like hunting in the cold. Now I just have to find the time to do it.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

My hats off to you bird, you are a true champion and my hero, thought I’d put a teensy bit of makeup on this one for you.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	C8D4390C-E8EC-456E-BBA7-6F1ADE8B7A80.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	515999
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Nice find Bird, looks like your gonna get more snow
        Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• paohrocks
          paohrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a lot of snow, stay warm and safe. Looking like 3-5 here.

• HBird
          HBird commented
          Editing a comment
          Fortunately the updated forecast I just saw has downgraded the snow amount to 12-18 inches. These nor’easter storms are hard to predict where the rain/snow line will be. It’s pretty crazy how much the difference in accumulation can be in just a couple miles apart

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          That's funny Carl! But a good idea!

I wouldn’t let a little snow stop me either
        South Dakota

Comment

Nice find bird ...the weather man here is saying maybe 20 inches Wednesday night. That's stopping me! The point has the Susquehanna.... Perkiomen look going on. Man that argillite is worn!
          SW Connecticut

Comment

• HBird
            HBird commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I’m in the area of 15-20 inches and that’s definitely going to put my brakes on for a bit

Yeah, I wouldn’t let a little snow stop me either. At least the beach. Tides melt snow. But the 1-2 feet expected Wed night-Thursday? Yeah, that’ll keep me inside for a good long spell. We find a lot of that Lockatong Argillite here in RI too. It weathers like there’s no tomorrow....
          Rhode Island

Comment

Dedication scores artifacts !
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

You get snow I get rain and ice. Good find
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Couple more pictures but my damn phone camera doesn’t seem to want to cooperate lately
                Warren County New Jersey

Comment

Nice job man, glad you were rewarded for your efforts!

Comment

Working...
                  X