Firestone's/cooking stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firestone's/cooking stones

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220327_055428.jpg Views:	12 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	622623 I find a lot of fired stone discolored and usually uniform in size and shape they may have had several uses along with some type of cultural signafagance many appear to have Ben manipulated before being fired small pecking and smoothed out area's some are flattened as well . Click image for larger version  Name:	20220327_054421.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.4 KB ID:	622612
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bullheadtee; 03-27-2022, 07:21 AM.
    New Jersey

Last edited by Bullheadtee; 03-27-2022, 07:23 AM.
    New Jersey

Comment

Those are cool li’ll thingies..

I never found anything like that..Of course we don’t got pebblie things around here

I think with Florida temperature around 100 degrees the water was already boiling when it hit the pot😉
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Nice Bull, Mostly what we find are all cracked from dropping them hot into cold stew pots. K
        Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Very nice Bull, looks like jasper from the northeast
          the first photo, that may have been a blade core
          Location - Eastern Massachu

Comment

Yours are better looking than ours here in west Texas. We have caliche rock that is naturally white but turns gray and cracked from the fire. But it is easy to spot and an indicator there was an NA camp there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DE963B33-F28F-460A-B45F-4ABF934EE0F6.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	631041
            Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

We have tons of fire cracked stuff too a Lot of these were probly found on the Ocean and bay fronts then heat treated at the camps
              New Jersey

Comment

Working...
              X