I'm thinking Agate Basin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking Agate Basin.

This is another from my Indiana area collection. Love the fine lines of collateral flaking on a full stem point.
    Attached Files
    FGH Check out my artifact store at Lone Star Artifact Reclaim

I hope you are being careful about whom you are buying from. The similarity in size and material to the point you shared yesterday are red flags to me. I do hope they are good and ancient pieces. For Indiana Material I would send them to Jim Bennett for authentication.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Lone Star
      Lone Star commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I've been working on getting certs for some of these.

X2
    Fayette County, southern Illinois

Comment

I was a little concerned with the point you posted yesterday but didn’t say anything. When Clovisoid asked what type you thought it was, I became even more suspicious because Indiana is/was his neck of the woods. Im thinking he’s pretty much seen every type from that area and didnt offer any suggestions. This point looks different but the same, which raises even more questions. Not trying to rain on your party, but want to highlight some concerns. Did you get a money back guarantee on authenticity?

Comment

• clovisoid
        clovisoid commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup

• Lone Star
        Lone Star commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate the thought. I've been working on getting several of these authenticated. it means a lot to me.

Like the others have mentioned, yesterday's point has some red flags to me. (The material, the size, the type, and kind of the overall look for Indiana.)

This one checks those red flag boxes from what I have seen in dozens upon dozens of collections from Indiana.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I did not comment on the other. Who papered them?

Comment

• outlaws15
          outlaws15 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think they are. First post said paper thin. When I first read it I thought they were papered

I need to clarify a point and to save redundant comment space.

I am working on getting authentication at this time.
        I purchased this partial collection from an estate in Indiana. To me, that doesn't mean any or all of the artifacts are from there. Based on appearance and materials I think that most of this material in this collection is from the Central Ohio River Valley. Kind of from Illinois down to Tennessee.
        I already sent a few out for certs. I will know more for sure soon. I will update when I know more. Thank you everyone for your well intentioned advise. It's appreciated.
        FGH Check out my artifact store at Lone Star Artifact Reclaim

Comment

Working...
        X