Nuckolls Dalton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuckolls Dalton

Just acquired this Western Kentucky point. Beautiful fossil flint. Just an awesome point to be sure. Late paleo type. The person I bought it from called it a Nuckolls I can see atributes of the nuckolls but I am on the fence about the type. Some publications show this clearly as an example of a nuckolls others say the nuckolls was a sharpened down version of the greenbrier. This point has great symmetry and no bevel . The flaking is condsuive with early archaic and late paleo I have examined. I will keep it typed as what the seller told me for the time being. Further studies are continuing on this one. Had to come back and spell check LOL dang AI spell check had it all messed up . All of my recent posts have been from my phone. I have big fingers so miss spelling is happening a lot. Appologies for that.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20240214_100354.jpg Views:	2 Size:	569.0 KB ID:	720289 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240214_100508.jpg Views:	2 Size:	736.0 KB ID:	720291 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240214_100348.jpg Views:	2 Size:	675.7 KB ID:	720290 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240214_100311.jpg Views:	2 Size:	845.8 KB ID:	720292 9
    Last edited by Hoss; 02-14-2024, 10:33 AM.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

That’s a fantastic piece!

Comment

Good one Hoss! You gotta love the basal thinning flakes. Very Cool.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Its just an amazing point in hand. Better than the photos.

Beautiful Point!!

Comment

What a beautiful point! Oh man that's one of those that has attributes of a couple different types and it's hard to put your finger on. Reminds me alot of one I posted here a good while back and similar situation, the fence hurts!

I got this point as well as a few other Kirk's from a local collector here in east Tn. It has both Hardaway and Kirk like characteristics. Very unfortunate

I have another example from western KY of a point that is very Knuckols, Greenbrier, Dalton or somewhere in between... Something about that late transitional Dalton horizon we see these Frankenpoints... Extremely interesting, it gets my wheels turning!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha Frankenpoints!

That is very nice..I imagine a rare type like that in that kind of shape is just getting more exceedingly rare. Good collector and investment piece..
        keep on keepin after

Comment

Very nice 👍🏻
          Georgia

Comment

Wow, if I found that here, I’d call it a Hardaway.
            South Carolina

Comment

Working...
            X