Indiana pink dove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana pink dove

This dove was found in Clinton Co. Indiana years ago by a friend of a friend. I traded for it and a couple other points a couple years ago. It's not real big,but it makes up for it in style,color,and quality. I love the pink and red flint that can be found around here. To have a dove made of it is a bonus.

Indiana pink!

Outstanding Dove, superb serration work, exquisite material!  That's what keeps us going when we are dragging @$$ on long slow days...  Thanks for sharing pic!
    In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir

Comment

Love a good Dove. Nice one!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice point woot 

Comment

Yah that's a Beauty!

Comment

That is an awesome Dove and some great color you've got there.  You've really got some fantastic pieces JR.

Comment

That's a sweet dovetail!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I've been finding,trading,and buying local for about twenty years now. I've met some really cool good people along the way,and look forward to sharing this years finds with everyone on this site. Now if the weather,and work would cooperate!

Comment

That sure is a beauty! I just loves Doves and the color of that one makes it even more special. Thank you for sharing it!

Comment

Thanks, I love the pink flint too.

Comment

That piece must have been quite large at one time, the neck looks wider than you see on mid to small doves.  Nice addition to any Indiana frame!
                      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

This is a strange piece.
                        The material appears heat-altered, which isn't typical of Dovetail. The notches and basal portion is odd as well. I'm wondering if this piece wasn't picked up by a later person and modified / salvaged. Or, it may not even be a dove.
                        (Editing to add): I have seen St.Charles from Missouri with similar bases, but I'm not familiar with them being found as far east as IN. Some of the MO St. Charles points appear to be a hybrid between Rice and your more typical "Dovetail".

Comment

Working...
                        X