Clovis Heartbreakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovis Heartbreakers

I'm fortunate to live in an area that seems to have a lot of Clovis material. Here's a few examples of haunting heartbreakers. All were found in NW Harnett Co. N.C.

Nice, The Rb2 base is very sad.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

If it wasn't for broken Clovis material, we wouldn't know much about them...  Great finds!  Isolated, single site, multiple sites?
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Nice pics and pieces! Thanks!
        Bob

Comment

Still great finds! I found two whole Clovis points in the same year(1984). Found lots of points since but not even a broke Clovis the past 30 years.

Comment

These heartbreakers were found in separate fields all within a 5 mile radius of each other. The fields are multi-component and still produce good artifacts when they turn the land. The quartz piece was found along  with several other Clovis or Paleo period artifacts (adze, preforms and a few blades).The Clovis's in this picture were found within 10 yards of each other.

Comment

OOPS! 862 heartbreaker is shown in proper context with 3 other Clovis. These were found in my grandfather's tobacco field in the mid-sixties. NW Harnett Co. N.C.

Comment

Great breaks. I too have never found a shred of Clovis.

Comment

Thanks for sharing those. Even a broken Clovis is a treasure.
                  Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                  X