Dickson / Adena compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickson / Adena compilation

These are personal finds from southwest Missouri. Pretty common point types in my area.

Hey when you take pics of some of my points :laugh: Looks like a lot I find in western Ky
    I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Very nice assortment of stemmed points. However, those all appear Dickson / Waubesa, Standlee and Gary. No Adena found in SW MO.

Comment

Nice groupings you got there.

Comment

Neanderthal wrote:

Very nice assortment of stemmed points. However, those all appear Dickson / Waubesa, Standlee and Gary. No Adena found in SW MO.
            Just a question why no Adena in Mo. I live in western Ky. very close to Mo. Did some tribes never cross the river?

Comment

Very nice assortment. I agree with Neanderthals assessment of types. One of the biggest mistake in typology is the term Adena Dickson. They are two separate cultures.
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I knew I didn't know any thing about typology...But sometimes I wonder if I know what a rock looks like.

Comment

[QUOTE]Jeffery Howle wrote:

Originally posted by Neanderthal post=79107
                  Just a question why no Adena in Mo. I live in western Ky. very close to Mo. Did some tribes never cross the river?
                  There are Adena found in MO near the Mississippi River, they diminish very fast as you go westward. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying no Adena person ever traveled to the SW fringe of the Ozarks; however, they didn't seem to take up homestead here. The Hopewell most likely derived from the earlier Adena people and they did take up residence here.

Comment

Very nice collection of Adenas or whatever they are.

Comment

Thank you for the beautiful show and congratulations on all the wonderful finds. I really like the red and white one in the bottom row in the first picture.

Comment

Working...
                    X