Old S.C. points to look at.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old S.C. points to look at.

Have not picked up any of the old stuff lately so here a few old finds. Last two were found by my brother. York,Chester and Fairfield County  finds.

Looks like Dalton variants to me. Photos 1,2 -and- 4 look like Hardaway side-notched, Photo 3- Palmer and the rest - Daltons. The last two Daltons look like Allendale chert and rhyolite, material-wise. What say you, Cliff? Thanks for sharing these!

Comment

Nice finds Sam!
      Truett, I'd call them this- pics 1+2, Van Lott(Taylor)
      pic 3 Palmer or Taylor
      pic 4 Hardaway-Dalton
      pic 5 -2 Van Lott and a Hardaway
      pic 6- 2 Van Lott or related maybe, pretty worn out
      pic 7 and 8- 2 Van Lott
      Or, you can call them all Early Archaic and be correct!

Comment

Thanks for the show its always nice to see what hiding in collections .

Comment

Nice early points Sam!
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Really nice old finds.  I'm no help with ID though.

Comment

Nice S.C. Points!
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice points

Comment

Nice points.....Just one question a lot of our points here in Ky. are dark and match ground...would those white ones stand out like a sore thumb in the ground? Thanks for sharing some fantastic finds
                  I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Jeffery Howle wrote:

Nice points.....Just one question a lot of our points here in Ky. are dark and match ground...would those white ones stand out like a sore thumb in the ground? Thanks for sharing some fantastic finds
                    Thanks Jeffery- To your question sometimes they do. I have been driven down the road at 55mph and see one on the red clay bank. Turn around and pick it up. Then some places like the field I'm hunting now is slam full of busted up quartz. It's like hunting a needle in a hay stack. Quartz everywhere is a under statement. I can look this place for hours and hours and still fill I missed a bunch. Good hunting-Sam

Comment

Jeffery,
                      You should try finding quartz points in a picked cotton field, in the snow!

Comment

Had a field on CT that was like the one Sam described after a rain fall it would look like it snowed in the field. Ahhhh quartz gotta love a good quartz point B) .
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                        X