• Week in review...8-30-13 bolo and points

The group as a whole, in east Texas

Little Steiner

Large...not sure it its got a type

Cool Gary?

A petrified wood San Patrice?
    Thanks,
    Clay

Those are nice Clay. Thanks for the show. That steiner is wild.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Clay, you must be in one heck of a camp. Amazing the numbers and condition your bringing home.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

i cant imagine that steiner point passing into an animal clean! i wonder why they made em' like that? awesome stuff though!
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Clay, you must be in one heck of a camp. Amazing the numbers and condition your bringing home.
          Thanks Greg. I've just been lucky to live so close to these campsites. I almost feel compelled to get as many as possible so they can stay together and not be sold or separated, so they can be appreciated as a whole. I have to admit I am getting tired of hunting as many hours as I do, it's like a second job. I enjoy it but my body is saying enough already!!! My son helps he and is very good at hunting so I can't take all the credit. It's funny, when I get up in the morning (all sore) I'm like, I'm not going hunting for a week! Then I get off work ( the same day) and have 3 hrs of daylight and off I go.....
          Truly addicted
          Clay

Comment

[QUOTE]Claycald wrote:

Originally posted by gregszybala post=96063
              I'm not going hunting for a week! Then I get off work ( the same day) and have 3 hrs of daylight and off I go....
              Oh Yeah!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

great finds clay, you once again gave us a nice show. I feel your pain, that is why I refer to looking for rocks as a dissorder and not a hobby! :laugh:  It has to be alot better than watching tv or other less productive hobbies, atleast thats how I justify it.  Good luck and thanks for showing

Comment

Wow very nice artifacts Clay thanks a lot for sharing your good fortune with us.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Love that little serrated one and the red one to the right. Great finds.... Maybe I should move to Texas!

Comment

Good week - I love the Steiner!

Comment

That is one fine Gary. Most would not revere Garys as much as some.
                      I like em'.
                      Oh and everbody likes the Steiners just so unusual.
                      Dat big un is a head scratcher fer shur. :huh:
                      As far as why you get out and wear yourself out doing it, dude you're still young,
                      wait till you hit 60 and you still get out, find a single point and still think your day was a success.
                      Face facts most of us feel it's an addiction.  :crazy:
                      That one point is out there that is the "find of a lifetime".
                      The way you're going you will find it.
                      Having a son that gets out with you well congratulations you have officially passed your addiction to the next generation!
                      Jess B.
                      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                      Circa:1982

Comment

Bone2stone wrote:

That is one fine Gary. Most would not revere Garys as much as some.
                        I like em'.
                        Oh and everbody likes the Steiners just so unusual.
                        Dat big un is a head scratcher fer shur. :huh:
                        As far as why you get out and wear yourself out doing it, dude you're still young,
                        wait till you hit 60 and you still get out, find a single point and still think your day was a success.
                        Face facts most of us feel it's an addiction.  :crazy:
                        That one point is out there that is the "find of a lifetime".
                        The way you're going you will find it.
                        Having a son that gets out with you well congratulations you have officially passed your addiction to the next generation!
                        Jess B.
                          Thanks Jess, I always appreciate your input, especially because you know my area and types so well. I really do appreciate your and everyone's comments. And yes that big un is a head scratcher!
                        I'm up to over 45 bolo balls as well!
                        It amazes me that points keep turning up. I met a man that has been searching the same areas as I have for the past 18 years and he told me he has found over 5000 points! In the past two years I've found 700...it's amazing that there were that many lost/discarded points. I was saddened to hear he sells most of his stuff. I've never sold anything, figured it would be better to keep them all together to paint a picture of he area as a whole.
                        And yes, my son is also an addict...like father like son!
                        Thanks again, Clay

Comment

That Steiner is killer.

Comment

Working...
                          X