we braved the storm!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we braved the storm!

me and Doc hit the beach today even though it was thunderin and lightnin'in ( and pourin on an off!) cause were both  :crazy:  the booms and cracks across the wide open sky of the bay was incredible! undaunted we walked for 5 hrs, once again cause were  :crazy: . but it paid off!

call me Jay, i live in R.I.

whats the chances! a old quartz point and a beautiful jasper cobble right next to each other! what a find!

Comment

an awesome felsite stemless blade, its worked all the way around.

Comment

Comment

now this is cool, its real hard to get the fine work on this to show up in a pic,ive tried a couple differant shots and these are the best,  my best guess is its either a stem scraper ( humpback?) or a type of chisel/celt. im leanin more towards stem scraper. it has some damage to the stem and "bit", and is steeply sharpened.

bottom

Comment

front "bit"

side edge

Comment

closest i could find in my book

another chunk of jasper from today

Comment

another little chunk of jasper

a nice argillite triangle base,and a small broken quartz something,  all in all, not a bad day and worth the wet @$$!

Comment

Great finds brother. I would have brought home the spoon too. LOL
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Yep, we bring home old silver too. Why not!? Jay, cool quartz point. I don't believe the cobbles are jasper, however. You are not going to find cobbles on the bay very often, Jay. Even with Limerock as a  possible source for such glacial cobbles, the outcrop at Limerock is very tiny and glacial cobbles are extraordinarily rare. I would have to see them in hand to get an idea, but not likely jasper. I think I would likely go with stage or preform where the big quartz piece is concerned. JMO, and yes, you and Doc are  :crazy:
                    Rhode Island

Comment

thanks guys, the spoon says pat.jan4.18    1881(r)bovers?(r)   on the back, i think its brass.im guessin late 1800s to early 1900s. charlie the big jasper cobble looks almost plasticy, but is definatly stone.jeff has looked at my other ones and said they were jasper as well. but you would know better than any of us. i'll have to show em' to ya, either way there awesome stones!

Comment

Working...
                      X