the correct way to dig a bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the correct way to dig a bluff

well ladies and gents its nearing time here in the southland for old man winter to set in. this is the time of year i do my digging.
    QUESTION- do most of you dig from the back of the bluff out or the front side in?
    QUESTION 2- proper tools to use to cut down on broken artifacts
    QUESTION 3- all tips and pointers would be great!!!

Most bluffs up here on the Plateau have been dug in the back already.  If I had one that I was gonna spend a lot of time on.  I would go ahead and dig the front and work my way to the back in order to do it right.  Also, out in the front and on top are places not to forget.  They didn't just stay under that bluff.  Good luck fellow Tennessean.

Comment

JD, I would dig in the dirt for best results. :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

All ways start out front and work your way in ....
        and dig deep , its hard to get a good hole started but when u do dig slow ...
        I use a screwdriver  .... and as u dig take the extra time to keep your hole cleaned out
        hope this helps
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

I had always heard to start by the walls of caves,and rock shelters. You wouldn't leave all your stuff in the middle of your living room to stumble around all the time,neither would an indian.

Comment

99% of my hunting is digging ...
            I find twice as much out front
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

thanks to all of ya for the tips ! i made a trip up to my favorite spot on the bluff a few days ago and it was just like i left it 6 or 7 years ago . i lost a friend that used to always go with me to dig , it was really
              strange being back after all that time and everything just like we left it . but  i'm ready to get back up there and finish the job!

Comment

Working...
              X