todays finds. need help with the coin or button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• todays finds. need help with the coin or button

had a little time between service calls this morning so i stopped in the field and found these items. what is this coin type item? it has the imprint on one side and smooth on the other. any help would be excellent. also i believe the ball is a moque ball? gotta go , have a good day and i'll check back with the forum after work.

Attached files 

Nice finds and thanks for the look. Nice cross on the copper or brass piece. Is there anything on the other side.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Jd, a size reference would help. also both sides. I do not think its a coin thou.
      Looks like a good day of finds.
      On another note, could you please insert the pic's into your posts. There are members that are unable to open a thumb nail pic. After you have uploaded the file, to the right of the "ADD FILE" is a Button "INSERT" click that to insert it into the post.
      Thanks!
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I agree not a coin , maybe a beauty tag off of some kind of furniture  ??
        Looks like a good haul though
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

Looks like a Byzintine cross on the token.

Comment

the token or whatever it is , is smooth on the back side with no engraving , it does have the same patina but the two silver dots almost have to mean it was connected to something...
            i'll for sure have a metal detector soon..
            i just wonder what it is

Comment

that looks like a it was a pin or a small broach.. What ever was attached in the two spots on the back has fallen away. draw an imaginary line between the two spots.  Could have even been a large button.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

yes it seems they line up perfectly . how would i find out for sure what it is?

Comment

I'd lean towards button also. Looks like the loop on the back became disconnected at some point.

Comment

Working...
                  X