hunt with son yields big dovetail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hunt with son yields big dovetail

Rolling back the clock a few years. My oldest son and I went for a walk a few days after a very heavy rain after I begged him to go walking with me. I was hoping he would find a good piece that day.  We had been walking for a good bit when I noticed a piece of worked material up under a washed in tree. I walked past it a bit and told my boy there is a piece back there if you find it its yours.  I was hoping he would spot it but he did not. He looked for awhile and was convinced I was pulling his leg. I asked him if he was giving up and he said there isnt nothing there.  He watched me walk over to a washed in tree and crawl in and touch it. He knew then that I was not pulling his leg. I tried to get him to lift it out but he wouldnt saying he did not find it and it wasnt his. I took an insitu pic of the point and videoed the rest. The audio on the video reveals my excitement and suprise when I pulled the gravel off of the point. After I got the point out and was holding it my hand and my son with eyes as big as mine said with a laugh thats alright dad itll be mine one day. I am glad I have the video because the story he tells is that I knocked him out of the way to pick it up. What a stinker.

This point has a special place in my heart not only for what it is but the memory that goes with it, priceless!

that's a sweet point. congrats, and cool story. one of these days when I have a son I hope he goes hunting with me.

Comment

Nice point. Is that creek stained Hornstone?

Comment

Thanks for sharing the awesome story and pictures
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Great story and great find on top of it, To this day you two must get a laugh and have fond memories of that find.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That's a great story and find as well, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks for sharing Kurt, special day, special point, special memory, SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP...
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

pinetree, I am not sure on the material.  There are a few materials I can name but not many.  I will try to get a better pic of piece.  My sons dont hunt with me often, I dont have much in the way of quit. I usely burn them out perty quick, they know if they go with me its for the long haul.

Comment

Nice point Kurt but it is the story behind it that makes it a special one
                  Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

All around great memory. Thanks!
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Its great that you got your son to go with you. I ask my teen kids if they want to look for arrowheads with me and they look at me like I'm crazy.

Comment

Where was it found? That can help ID material. It looks blue or grey under that orangish staining.

Comment

Sweet point and good story. Most people think I'm crazy on the time I spend looking fighting mud and bugs but I love it. it is special when you have someone to share it with.
                          I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Thanks for sharing that story and point
                            Rhode Island

Comment

wow what a point! you know i dont eat much im quiet and i dont take up much room, if yer sons dont want to go walkin with ya, im totally adoptable! 
                              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
                              X