No announcement yet.

Who is the Primitive????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was about 12-13...and I was covered in poisen ivy,lol...but it dried up fast...

Comment

• Well guess thats still the saying...science and religion dont mix....Shoot!

Comment

• Helsel wrote:

I was about 12-13...and I was covered in poisen ivy,lol...but it dried up fast...
          Helsel:  Thot it was somethin' to that effect.:lol: Glad it went away.  We used to have the same thing, but we used Calamine Lotion!

Comment

• I have seen many amazing things in my lifetime. Faith is amazing no matter what religion. My son who is now 20, when he was a young lad in the 2nd grade he began to get covered in warts. Probably 20% of his body or more. He had them so bad one grew on the side of his thumb, under his nail and out the other side. Kids who are relentless at times called him wart boy and various names. We took him to the doctors for every treatment under the sun and nothing seemed to work.
            This may blow your mind but I took him to a friends house who looked at the warts all over his arms and said, "Boy do want those warts to go away?" Joshua nodded frantically. My dear friend looked at the calender and said, "Perfect, it is a full moon" and took out a potato and cut it in half. Asked my son if he believed that what he had in his hand was a potato, and Joshua nodded. He then cut the spud in half and rubbed it on all of my son's warts, and had him bury it under the light of the full moon. Far fetched as it sounds his warts vanished within two weeks, and he has never had one since!! Still blows my mind to this day, and my friends as well, said he heard of the ritual so to speak at his mason's lodge years ago. Go figure, faith and will are very powerful things!!!-Bill

Comment

• Bill thats a great post, have a story a lot like that one. Getting late will post later when we have time to talk about subject. Still good post buddy, will talk later!! Joe.

Comment

• Bill
              I had two warts on my hand when I was a kid and my mom put ice on it and it fell off after a week.
              Jack

Comment

• My wife says I have a large wart on top of my neck. :blink:

Comment

• I take that to mean it starts at the neck and encompasses everything above it?
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Hi, All. 
                      I also have a story of, "healing"; on a bit of a different note, though.  My Mom passed away in 2007.  Her body deteriorated from the inside out.  Left within her was the life force, the body being beyond repair.  As she lay in the hopsital, weighing all of 62 lbs., we sang Willie Nelson songs, hymns from a very old hymn book, which she so dearly loved, and as I held her hand in mine, swaying to the beat, we danced to the music.  She could barely speak at this time, but she moved her lips to every word. 
                    To make a long story short, I purchased her a stuffed animal, holding a balloon that read, "Get Well Soon."  I brought it to her, and said, "Hey, Ma.  Look what I got ya'."  She looked with eyes that could barely see, smiled as my Mamma always did, and very clearly stated, "I'm not sick."  My eyes welled with tears, my heart filled with joy, and I responded, "Course not Ma.  What was I thinkin?" 
                    Below is a collage, one of two, that my Son and I put together to represent my Mom's life on Earth.  It was placed on an easel at the funeral home, all who attended, remembering her life as we knew her.  After Earthly death, I for one, know not, of what is to be.  One thing I know for a fact, "She's not sick."  We are the ashes of our forefathers, and she will live on within my family, and within myself, for generations to come.

Comment

• Pam - That was an absolutely beautiful tribute to your Momma. And you're right, we'll live on in the memories of our descendants.  I still have photos from my Great Grand parents till today.  I created our family tree on computer and uploaded most of the photos of the past into the family tree so that anyone who looks at the tree will see actual photos.  Thanks for the memories.  ---Chuck
                      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• That is sweet Pam.
                        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Pam
                          I know how you feel.
                          Jack

Comment

• Pam that is so great, have pics. the same of my family. Mother who is still living made sure all of her children had them. Yours is heart filled story with kids you are truly blessed! Joe.

Comment

• As a society, "Native" Americans understood that a group of individuals working togethor for the benefit of the group sustained more productivity because each person benefited from the success of another individual within the group. (The Bee-Hive Hypothesis) Conversely, European culture systematically preyed upon weaker/lower classes to the benefit of the ruling class and/or aristocrasy. (Feudalism .. in its basic form) From my research, most historians agree that the 2 defining traits that gave European society great power was 1) Metalsmithing and 2) The formation of large armies to serve in the armies of the European monarchies/aristocracies.
                                So, European society may not have placed any intrinsic value to all individuals, but the success of each individual benefited the ruling class. (A king demanding more and better weapons sped-up the advancement of matalsmithing...hence...bettter weapons and armor). Additionally, A centralized government (like the monarchy of Britain) meant that the military(ies) of Europeans were very large and well equipped because they represented the interest of an individual who controlled a large territory and its' resources.
                                Native Americans never had a chance. There were no large armies representing the interest of, say, all the peoples of the northeast. There was no one individual within Native American culture that could claim right to the resources and loyalty of all peoples within a large territory. Native Americans knew the rights of individuals from the very beginning. As a group this inability to be organized and demand more was their downfall.
                                As a group Native American culture was more caring,compassionate, understanding and appreciative of spirituality than Europeans. Which is quite amazing, even compared to modern times. But, sadly, these are not traits that promote the ability to conquer.

Comment

• Thomas
                                Very good post.
                                Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X