2 Interesting Links about Native Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Interesting Links about Native Americans

Came across these.  Hope you all enjoy.  I found them pretty interesting.
    Before the arrival of the colonists, the Native Americans had already secured a foothold over the vast expanses of America. Initially, the Native

The story of American mythology begins long before European settlers set foot on North American soil. And contrary to popular belief, there's more to

Montani Semper Liberi

Interesting links!  I enjoyed the top 15 list of NA , but I kinda disagree with there order. Geronimo,  Sitting bull, Crazy Horse,  Red Cloud,  Sacacajewea, Tecumseh would be the top six most recognizable NA imo. But still interesting all the same.
    Those monsters are good stories to tell the kids around a campfire right before bed time. I'm sure the NA enjoyed doing the same!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

we have a local story that goes back to before the europeans arrived. theres a small lake named Carbunkle Pond out here in western coventry, back in the day a huge serpent like creature with a large red carbunkle embebbed in its forehead lived there, many times the natives tried to capture the serpent but failed, finally a brave band of warriors managed to kill the giant snake and remove the gem. for a few generations the tribe had ownership of it and they claimed it brought luck and good omens. till one day when white men came and tried to take the gem by force, the chief,fearing it would fall into their hands,threw the gem out into the Pond,never to be found again.and the Pond and the surrounding area are still named Carbunkle after the legend.
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

this first part of this story was told to me as a child ,though slightly different and with no white people involved, but ive remembered it ever since.http://www.native-languages.org/penobscotstory2.htm
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

I would throw I back if I found it haha.  I would also think Tecumseh would have rated near the top considering how far he traveled to unite the tribes.  If he would have succeeded this country would be totally different.  Its an interesting thought.
          Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

You can't make this stuff up! hmy:  Neat!
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
            X