Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackfeet Photo. Better not cross these Gal's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackfeet Photo. Better not cross these Gal's!

Here's a "Circa "1880" Original photo. And look closely! They are all "women" not one "Brave" is in this Line-up! Call them Squaws if you so choose. I personally have never felt comfortable with that title applied to The First American Women of this continent. They were Tuff! Proud! And fought just as hard as the Braves defending their Land, Homes, Family! Look very closely at the Photo! You can see some of them Holding Civil war sword, Fighting lance, Tomahawk and I'm Sure every one held a knife in their Belt! Check out The Woman on Far Right! She's Dressed in All White Doe Skin ,and I believe a Half Blackfeet Native Indian Interpreter/ Ambassador. Read the Ground. Read the sign. Follow the trail. That leads you Back in time. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Six nations son; 03-17-2016, 09:29 AM.

Very neat photo. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I make it a habit not to cross any gals.......cool pic.

Comment

Great pictures ..
        My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

A very interesting picture. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. The women of many Native American cultures were just as tough as the men and in many of the societies did nearly all the work. Not only that but their ferocity and cruelty in the treatment of captives was often just as brutal as was that of the men. Joan of Arc may have been an anomaly in Western culture but such female warriors were not all that unusual in certain tribes, especially ones that made a habit of preying on and stealing from their less "warlike" neighbors.

Comment

Working...
          X