No announcement yet.

The mound builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jethro what got me started and get this . Wayne’s great great great uncle wrote a book about being over from Scotland and how they homsteded and became friends with the NA . It really goes into detail but is written so poorly I almost put it down . With some of the pictures I said those look like Spanish features on the NA . Not the usual coming over the Siberian land straight features . It’s called Macon county . It’s a town in Georgia . Now since I wrote a paper in school on the Aztecs and Myans I took an interest in this . The feature the paddle stamp pottery looking Myan to me .
    Well after ordering more books and following this trail the Spanish really did intermigul if you will with the NA . Honestly I think they were some of the most prolific explores . And they have probably left there DNA global. Even Tahiti they are Spanish and French I think . It really gets interesting .

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tam, there’s no doubt the Spanish had a huge influence on the natives. Just one example I can think of is the pottery. The Quapaw dog is said to be a depiction of the fierce Spanish mastiffs that accompanied the expedition. The teapot effigies were also an imitation of what they saw the Spanish do.

But on the other hand, the use of swastikas in paint does NOT indicate links to Nazis....as I had one person ask me. 😮😁

Then there’s the Solutrean theory. Just sayin
    Northern Ky

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t even get me started on this....😳. 😁

Click image for larger version

Name:	serpent.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	321867

Name:	ohio-serpent-mound-susan-tower (2).jpg
Views:	91
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	321868 Click image for larger version

Name:	2_Solar_Alignment_Solstice_Equinox_Great_Serpent_Mound_Ohio_Aerial_View_UFO_Extraterrestrial.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	321869

Here's my favorite mound. Not to far from here actually. Serpent Mound, was built by the Adena's (Hopewell) a couple thousand years ago.

I thought that the third pic was very interesting.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Very nice Ethan .. yes like that 3rd one .

Comment

Cool pictures, Ky Point. I have a known mound within 1 mile of me and a stone tower, than I only found about recently, within 5 miles. Not sure of the condition of the tower now. Read about it in archaeological magazine (Midwest archaeology?).
        Northern Ky

Comment

awesome early paper
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

This picture shows the mounds located about 15-20 minutes from me.

Name:	Ohio_mounds_portsmouth_earthwork.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	322907

Comment

Not shown in the map is Tremper mound. It is five miles North of Portsmouth. Over 136 soapstone and pipestone pipes were found, including over 90 effigy pipes.

https://www.ohiohistory.org/learn/co...herine_tremper

http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/w/...and_Earthworks

Comment

Working...
              X