Hunt Primative !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunt Primative !

Huntprimative is a YouTube channel dedicated to research and producing educational videos about primitive hunting lithics manufacture and game processing. using primitive stone lithics from taking bison with an atalatl to whitetail with a primitive bow and arrow realy cool !
    Last edited by Bullheadtee; 03-16-2022, 05:31 PM.
    New Jersey

Thanks for the suggested viewing.

I like that he uses a rigid atlatl unlike the recommendations for flexible ones in some Primitive Tech books. They usually state that flexible ones will throw the darts farther, which I believe is often repeated mistaken information.

Sure wish I lived in PA where you can hunt with atlatls and stone tipped arrows.
    Coastal Plain of Maryland

Comment

• ApacheNDN
      ApacheNDN commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I've read, the flex and energy comes from the spear. Time lapse photography shows the spear being bent momentarily before it explodes off the end of the Atl-Atl. Supposedly this was observed by ancient man at some point and the energy from the bending wood was switched over to the bow.

• MondoLithic
      MondoLithic commented
      Editing a comment
      These atlatl researchers have some Slow Mo videos of the dart releases, under resources.

Thanks for your atlatl comments.

Thanks for the tip about the You Tube channel. We use to have a regular member who made and used primitive tools. I forgot his named but I think he lived in one of the northeastern states.

Comment

The guys name is Ryan Gill, really cool guy, really intelligent when it comes to this stuff. He just put out a really comprehensive book on primitive hunting, ive got to grab myself a copy as soon as i can! I follow him on Instagram too. I highly recommend anything by him
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• SDhunter
        SDhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Good seeing you Jay

I made a dart out of green briar one time about 6' long worked great flexible and tough hard to find a section. long enough but great material for darts !!!!
      New Jersey

Comment

Thanks for the information
        South Dakota

Comment

Working...
        X