Pottery Pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pottery Pieces

We found these in our creek. They were all found this past fall, the last one found on christmas day.

nice potsherds, the difference in the designs on them are interesting !

Comment

Found yourself a woodland site. Keep looking and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the forum from a Connecticut collector, nice finds.  Thanks for sharing
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks guys, they are all a little different pattern. All from same stretch of creek. We hope to keep finding them. I know in some places they litter the ground but for us they are rare.  Most we ever found in one day was two,most days we don't find any. We love Em'.

Comment

Welcome from Central Illinois. Nice pottery, I really like it too.
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome from RI, where finding pottery is very rare. Nice sherds, I'm sure you'll find more now that you've got a good spot for finding em.
              Rhode Island

Comment

Hi rmartin from central il, do you find any pottery where you hunt. We dont have many fields to hunt, mostly creeks. We find ours in the creeks.

Comment

sixeight wrote:

Hi rmartin from central il, do you find any pottery where you hunt. We dont have many fields to hunt, mostly creeks. We find ours in the creeks.
                    I have actually found quite a bit, mostly on Mississipian sites. I have found it on one Early Woodland site. Plowed fields are a thing of the past here too. If your pottery has shell temper(the stuff that binds the clay) it is Mississippian. If it is grit tempered its Woodland.
                  Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

"If your pottery has shell temper(the stuff that binds the clay) it is Mississippian. If it is grit tempered its Woodland."
                    Thanks, I'll be looking at them closer in the daylight.

Comment

Working...
                    X