Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Havenhunter
    replied
    Be t time I drop & smash a ceramic pot, I know who to call! Have glue will travel.

Leave a comment:

• Sage hen jack
    replied
    You did an Amazing job preserving History! Great mantle piece

Leave a comment:

• Lindenmeier-Man
    replied
    The work paid off, excellent !

Leave a comment:

• Josie
    replied
    Wow! That's really amazing.

Leave a comment:

• utilized flake
    commented on 's reply
    Got to admit the storm was 12years ago... And I completed this about 8 ybp!

• Tam
    replied
    Well that’s exciting ! I knew someone was going to score from that hurricane . Now I feel your melt down . Getting it just looking at it . Looks great .. love it

Leave a comment:

• utilized flake
    replied
    Probably messed up on bottom left but had an idea of the outline. Local anthropology professor got the first run of rim sections I had glued together...apparently there is a CPU program that scans rim sherds and gives full diameter.
    Thanks for the comments, I have a strong connection with that single piece with the fingertip impressions in the other post. That and 8,000 year old steak knives!

Leave a comment:

• Cecilia
    commented on 's reply
    Glue and sand. Like it!

• Jethro355
    replied
    That’s amazing. Putting one together when you have all the pieces is hard enough...doing it with a fair percentage missing is impressive.

Leave a comment:

• kayakaddict
    replied
    Wonderful find!!! Middle to late woodland I suppose considering the nice collar.

I use masking tape and Elmer's. Peel off the masking tape the next day when the glue is dry. With Elmer's use water to unglue a mistake, or if you find another piece of the puzzle and you need to unglue a piece to get it to fit. For a large crack that needs strength mix glue and sand into a paste and apply. Then apply some powdered pottery scraps to match color if possible. Rare and kool find congrats. Pottery is facinating to study. P.S. more photos please

Leave a comment:

• Cecilia
    replied
    That is impressive. I had a favorite ceramic vessel of 3-dimensional faces that shattered into gazillion pieces. Put bigger pieces back together with regular white glue, then filled in cracks and empty spaces with mixture silicon and molding clay. Took a really long time, and not the same, but all the faces have whole noses, eyes, mouths, etc, and still intriguing piece of art. To put something back together as old and precious as your piece must have been more daunting, and intimidating, even.. You did good job, that’s understatement.
    Last edited by Cecilia; 09-10-2019, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Artifascination
    replied
    Try Gorilla glue in place of that Elmers next time.The pot would break in a new spot before that stuff comes apart. Very cool find and project!

Leave a comment:

• gregszybala
    replied
    Wow! Being able to find all of that and piece it back together, way cool.

Leave a comment:

• Sugaree
    replied
    Very cool Utilized Flake sure looks like a fun but challenging puzzle. A great save!

Leave a comment:

• Archaicguy
    replied
    That's awesome... what a treasure!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X