Props to two of our great members...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to two of our great members...

Sometime during the summer I posted about a piece that I thought may or may not be pottery. During the course of that thread I stated how rare it was for me to find pottery sherds in my area. I shortly received messages that if I wanted some pottery it would be shipped. These fellas have an abundance in their area and obviously had plenty to spare. A big and long overdue shout out to Jethro and Surface Hunter for their absolute generosity. I meant to get this post out a long time ago but life just got in the way. The collection that these fellas sent me is just beautiful and I even received some bonus lithic and points from SH. Big thanks to two swell guys. Jethro and Surface Hunter. The first one is from Jethro and the second is from SH. Click image for larger version

Name:	jethros pottery.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	403790 Click image for larger version

Name:	SH pottery.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	403791
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

This forum is alive with generosity.
    Kudos to both of you fine gentlemen.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

O, yes. Forum so full of generous hunters willing to share. Posted about little kid not my blood, or even by in-law, but she’s got “us” in her. Pulled out my few artifacts, and those sent by WillJo and Old Rocks. Shoulda seen her eyes when she held each one, and I told her about what coprolite was. I can tell a good story, and that lil’ Scarlett wanted to know how Dino do made such “pruty roc”! Our obsession will live on!
      Last edited by Cecilia; 11-20-2019, 11:26 PM.
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Nice gift Frank...Glenn and Jethro are good men!
        SW Connecticut

Comment

I’m glad you enjoyed them. I had a pile of pottery and was happy to share. Got some bad news today though I heard they are closing access to the creeks even if you have permission to be there with signs and fences. Very sad for me
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            I drove past today and a sign says state property on it maybe they made it a historic site idk but nobody is allowed there now. I could park at the owners owner's house but she doesn't want that so I will just stay away,

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you get to cave?

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Different creek I had permission to 8 but now it's way less I have to go knocking on doors again for permission. I hate doing that cause you have to be ready to walk the same day you knock so they can see what you are doing and don't change their minds.

By the way, Frank...no thank you was necessary. I mean that when I sent that. I know life gets in the way. I promised Kentucky Hunter a package about six weeks back and a day or two later my dad takes a fall, and I’ve spent the last six weeks with him at the hospital. Life is important. Those kids are what it’s all about. I’m glad you like it.👍
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

This is truly, the best forum out their, almost like a family. And you know what? It is a family.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Way to go gents, nice.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice gesture for sure
                South Dakota

Comment

I know who sent what ha ya just by that red Mississippian from Jethro .And surface hunters incised pieces .
                  very-very nice guys .

Comment

Working...
                  X