is this native american pottery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this native american pottery?

the first picture is native american pottery and the other pictures are pottery i found with it. i have never seen native american pottery like that before but it doesnt look new either. anyone have any clue what the gray and black pieces are?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_76867.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	429979 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_76868.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	429980 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_76869.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	429981 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_76870.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	429982 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_76871.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	429983
    Last edited by gregszybala; 03-10-2020, 02:31 PM.

Spanish and other europeans visited Indian villages up and down the coast if you worked one of these sites you would find Indian pottery mixed with European ware...also a mix of culture situation,,example ...Indian sees white man drinking out of cup with handle and has an annal ring on the bottom to make it more stable....says,,that’s a good idea..next thing ya know he’s got the only one in his tribe...sorry got carried away again...looks like some were turned on a wheel I would really have to handle them to make a second guess...no glaze..the only thing I have is a shard from a Spanish olive jar.found on an Indian site at bay port Hernándo co Florida...photo is taken from a photo but it does have horizontal lines on it from being turned on a wheel...got folks here..with a lot of knowledge..good luck.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• TJdave
      TJdave commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonder what the NAs thought of olives, nothing like them in the new world. Would have been one of those wow moments.

I can't see the pics really good but did read the question. I find some clay pigeons sometimes in the creeks broken from shooting them. They are usually black and look like some of the pieces you have found.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Just looked now better. I do believe that's what you have with the ridges. Modern but creek stained.

• Been12
      Been12 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the comment. so i forgot to say i found them in a field. and so do you think the gray pieces were clay pigeons or the black pieces?

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Both

Maybe both
    let's see some better pics of the tan ones to.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
    X