Pottery Sherd/Shard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pottery Sherd/Shard

I went digging with my buddy the other day :woohoo: ...needless to say he found the find of the day :angry: ...a nice little shard of etched pottery :cheer: . There is still a little bit of red coloring in the etching. It was found about 30 miles south of Waco, TX. Buried 1-2 feet very near a creek. The "aahhh" moment was incredible...when he wiped the mud away and the red was visible in the etches.

Very nice piece!

Comment

If the breakage is as beautiful as that, I can only imagine what the complete piece must have been.  That is an awesome find!

Comment

Thanks, ya'll. I agree with you, Pam...that must have been one beautiful pot!!! Found a few other pieces that are solid black...thinking they were all part of the same pot. One piece that he found even had the "lip" or very top edge of the pot. They were enameled on the inside and outside. Whoever was digging prior to us probably wasn't even looking for pottery...the rest of it is probably buried in the creek under several hundred lbs. of throw dirt. =( I don't know if I should spend the time sifting. Maybe they did find other pieces and kept them...

Comment

Working...
        X