Pottery sherds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pottery sherds

Found these sherds last weekend all at the same location....i have a couple rim sherds in the mix....also have a pic of a piece with some design on it....first piece at this location that had a design....most the pieces are smooth that are found in this area. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200814_141956.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	478141 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200814_141934.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	478142 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200814_142045.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	478143 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200814_142021.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	478144 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200814_142215.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	478145
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

That's a brilliant red on the one piece. Decoration piece looks like cord marked. You found all kinds of artifacts last week. I wear a fanny pack under my shirt of course so nobody can see it. But works great and has pouches with zippers.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Benji
      Benji commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a good day...for one day....second day, got lucky and found a broke point as i was about to hang it up for the day

I see some nice middle Mississippian stuff there! That red looks to be little bit further north of here. I’ve seen the further north you go, the more orange it gets.

awesome stuff, Benji👍
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Benji
      Benji commented
      Editing a comment
      All from same site...so crazy how diverse the colors of pottery there is...and most of it doesn't have designs.....thanks for the input Jethro

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve found some satellite sites on our farm that would be within earshot if each other, that I know were occupied at or very close to the same time, and one will be nothing but imprinted/incised/engraved and another will be all polychrome, and another will be all Bell Plain. It’s like the segregated based on dishes...???

Nice pottery Ben
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Benji
      Benji commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks redrocks
Working...
X