Purple Illinois Flourite Massive Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Illinois Flourite Massive Form

Hey friends and gem lovers, I found a nice piece of massive Flourite. Unfortunately, I dropped it on concrete. Flourite has a hardness 3. It breaks fairly easily. But it still looks amazing. For people who might not know, the term massive does not mean huge. The term is used to describe the form of gem.

Wow Civ. Nice looking. Where in the flatland did u happen upon that as I am an Illinois searcher also? No coordinates just a geographic locale...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Hello baba, fellow Illinois Hunter. I found all on my own land. I am a half mile from the Little Wabash River. I am also surrounded by creeks, woods, and corn fields. Effinham County. Maybe we can get together. We can go to each other's places. I need guidance finding artifacts. But, on my land, when they dug the foundation they found petrified wood. My late father had them dump everything they dug up and pile it up. Since then, we have uncovered many gems and fossils and even strange geological formations. Message me.

Comment

Your property is giving up some sweet specimens. To bad you dropped that one. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1917.gif
Views:	165
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	183374
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey bruce, I know. My gem buddy said that the 2 creeks that cross area shows evidence of a glacier. I wish I still had some of the gems I sold to him. He hounds for profit. I was supplying him with stones. Then, that giddy little boy came out as soon as uncovered a horn coral. Ever since, I keep it all. He still comes out and shows me what he found all over the country. He also id's gems for me. Sometimes, he will still get bogged eyed and say that does not belong in Illinois. I am grateful my late father bought this land. I am also grateful he left me it. 😃

Comment

Working...
          X