petrified ant tunnels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petrified ant tunnels

when i started finding these things thats the best i could come up with, petrified ant tunnels, i'm so smart thats got to be it, then i took some to Ben Waller, i'll tell you all about Ben another time, told him i had found some petrified ant tunnels, after he finished cracking up, he told me it was lightening glass called Fugurrite, never crossed my mind, ever find any

when i started finding this stuff that was the best i could come up with, then i told them to Ben Waller, I'll tell you all about Ben and what part he played in me collecting artifacts at another time, after he stopped (lol-ing) he told me what they were lighting glass, Fulgurite now that I know i found a hill top where lighteding has hit many times,

Comment

Those are cool.
      Jack

Comment

Comment

Pretty cool Roger, I've never found one and you have several......of course, you have more lightning strikes on the beach there!
          Southern Connecticut

Comment

REAL NICE collection of Fulgurites there!!!! :woohoo:  hmy:  :blink:   Also called Lachatelierite.
            These are everywhere on the Earth where lightning hits soil/sand.  Quartz fuses and organics burn away.  We find more of them in FL because our soils, at least in the lower half of the state, are mostly sand.....and we dig! 

Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

I never heard of any thing like that. Did you find it in Florida?

Comment

yes in fl. when the lighting strikes the sand it melts it,  its like a tube of glass thats why i figured must be ant tunnels, i'd never seen anything like it, once i started looking its e-z to spot, i've seen sites that sell the stuff

Comment

I lived in Florida for 35 years and 5 here in Georgia now

Comment

I had heard of fulgurites but have never seen one. Thanks for sharing.
                    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                    X