Hagstones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagstones

Everyday We have The opportunity to learn new Thing's and Today I learned a little about Hagstones. Hagstones are,,,, See link
    Last edited by JoshinMO; 02-22-2019, 03:29 PM. Reason: fix
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

I have found a couple of Them I believe, I didn't bother to take Photo's of Them but plan to eventually and maybe I will post Them Here. They actually are hard to find in some Area's, Other Area's can be much easier though. The Quartzite or Quartz seem's to have formed many of Them in this Area but The Lime and Chert not as many.

As far as Them having extraordinary Power's though, I'm not so sure about all that though. Thanks Journey Love for helping Me learn Something new Today.

Everyone please feel free to post Your Rock's with Holes, or Hagstones.
    Last edited by JoshinMO; 02-22-2019, 03:30 PM. Reason: fix
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Get Chris to post his, he has a bunch of them!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I’m not a believer on them
        NW Georgia,

Comment

I just found one the other day. They are somewhat common around here. I don't believe in magic voodoo rocks, but they are cool.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

That's cool, Josh. The mention of fertility rites reminded me that the Men-An-Tol in Cornwall was used for that purpose. Women who wished to become pregnant would climb through it...

https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/history/...men_an_tol.htm

Click image for larger version  Name:	079AF213-0867-4CED-8FE1-E4FC60BF7AA3-4086-000002E83685720C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	43.9 KB ID:	352336
            Click image for larger version  Name:	B301B945-1540-46DF-83EC-9D1746918C2F-4086-000002E84121F18F.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	352337

Rhode Island

Comment

• JoshinMO
              JoshinMO commented
              Editing a comment
              How about that, neat!

Nice but I don’t think that’s the same as a hole in a rock you find in the creek
            NW Georgia,

Comment

• JoshinMO
              JoshinMO commented
              Editing a comment
              I did a little reading on them on other sites also and that's how some were probably made, by water anyway. Keep in mind though, It's just Rock's with holes.

• CMD
              CMD commented
              Editing a comment
              No, Glenn, it is much bigger, but, like smaller naturally formed holed stones, it has a clear association with fertility rites, and so there is a very clear connection, as was described in the article Josh posted, which, after all described stones from Europe, the same as the example I posted....

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Was your big one modified by humans Charlie?
          Working...
          X