Flint nodule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flint nodule?

Hey all, found this the other day in the woods near a construction site clearing where I have found artifacts....I'd like to call it a flint nodule....maybe the material that could be used to craft points or other tools....does anyone have any opinions, does this look like high quality material for stone tools, etc ....?...nw middle tn find.....I found it broken, so the other half may have been utilized.....idk.....thanks for looking
    Attached Files
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Looks like there are a few cracks that might present a challenge, but other than that it looks good. What have you got to loose by trying. 😁
    South Carolina

Comment

Thanks for the input knapper.....so, something I've been toying with for quite awhile.....that is, getting into knapping....we have some great talent here on the site and looks like a fun hobby.....I haven't made the leap yet, and would need to invest in the tools to do it.... bringing this home, I was wondering if this was good material to start with one day..... you're right what do I have to lose if I were to start.....at least I have a good test piece, if/when I choose to take up the hobby.....I've seen utube vids on it, but I'd like to take a hands on class I think..
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Working...
      X