Humor in Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humor in Artifacts

Follow along with me as I hunted the logging road today and I'll show ya what I found - first hand. Initially came across this dandy colorful artifact looking item.

Then I very very carefully unearthed my prize -

Darn - it's a piece of tire tread. Oh Well, on to the next find. Now this looks more like what I really want -

Hum - Not quite all there is it. Just my luck. But there's always the next find. Can't give up just yet. Now what do you think this is??

Now this really looks promising. Maybe a real rare find for me yup yup yup!!!

Well - like my Momma used to say "if it weren't for bad luck - I wouldn't have any luck at all." Not a bad piece of flint tho. Might keep this un for the garden. I guess I'll stop by my favorite stump and leave what I don't want with the rest of the collection that's building up there.

As you can see - I tend to find a lot of nuthin :laugh: ---Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Its the thrill of the hunt Chuck!!!

Comment

Made Me Laugh!! I've got the base of a tree that looks very similar to your stump. Even go over to it ever so often to see what I left behind
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That's comical.  With me it's usually leaves!

Comment

Me too! Lotsa leaf points! Also had a piece of old farm plow take my breath away till I picked it up. :angry:

Comment

Yup - Guess we all been there.  It ain't the first time and being the avid hunter that I am, it won't be the last.  ---Chuck
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Getting out and about in nature is the true goal.  The artifacts are just the fruits of our efforts.  I enjoy looking for artifacts because I can get away from town, away from the traffic, the people the noise and just be with the wilderness.  If you are blessed enough and spend enough time out there, you will come across an artifact...

Comment

Well put Tyson!
                Even when u don't find anything its good to feel your heart pumping when you THINK u found something. But we all have dry spells. Keep looking there out there

Comment

Haha this made me laugh. I have this happen all the time! I think we all do! Black plastic or black tape is usually what fools me, it will be stuck in the dirt, and the shine fools ya. Not usually leaves, but sometimes. Big chunks of flint you posted too of course, but plastic gets laughing more, because at least a big hunk of flint is the right material.

Comment

Working...
                  X