Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure if this is a bannerstone

this appears as a bannerstone however there is a core in it,
    Last edited by cgode; 08-18-2015, 03:09 PM.

well damn iamindian...... I went to edit your photos to full size and they appear to have vanished!.....my sincerest apology! Please reload your pics for us to see.
    Oh....and welcome to arrowheads.com!
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

Thank you glad to be here

Comment

Just a rock, but keep on looking who knows what you may find!
        And, Welcome!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Yes, I commented on this rock elsewhere in the forum universe and showed you an example of a partially drilled bannerstone from RI with the column still intact.
          Welcome to arrowheads.com
          Rhode Island

Comment

Agree with Greg. Keep looking and welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Comment

I also would say a natural rock. That hole shows no sign of tubular abrasion(drilling with a reed) I would expect to see on a Banner.
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

yes, thank you CMD I did see your example...I do see what your saying as well. However this I believe this is/was done purposely. what it is idk? That is why I am here. I know it is not naturally done, as well as the other things I have. I thank you for your help. My quest is to find out what? I as well have another item with the same kind of holes both top and bottom but the shape is not the same. A bannerstone is the only thing I know that is close to it that's why I put the ?

Comment

You must have an open mind and be willing to listen to the advice your being given by these experienced members, if you really want to understand what you have. There is a reason why no one is comfirming your supossed artifact, because it isnt one. Just a natural stone. Sorry
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Looks like we will have to agree to disagree. Check out some banners from our information section.http://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/i...d-bannerstones

Comment

Originally posted by iamindian View Post
                      yes, thank you CMD I did see your example...I do see what your saying as well. However this I believe this is/was done purposely. what it is idk? That is why I am here. I know it is not naturally done, as well as the other things I have. I thank you for your help. My quest is to find out what? I as well have another item with the same kind of holes both top and bottom but the shape is not the same. A bannerstone is the only thing I know that is close to it that's why I put the ?
                      Well the only other things I've seen were "effigies of the imagination" to maybe coin a phrase for a sec. They were indeed natural. Kyflintguy's advice is spot on.
                      Assume we know far more then you do. Everything I've seen so far, in addition to your observations, demonstrates that that is the setting here. You are convinced of your opinions, and you are mistaken. That is a recipe that makes learning well nigh impossible. You're going to end up beating your head against the wind. What you will find out, along the way, is that people will lose patience with you to varying degrees and each in their own time. When people come with questions, and more or less announce what answers they expect to receive, well, we got a problem then. And it will be of your own making.

And understand this. What I just said above?? It happens again and again and again and again and again. For which reason, impatience sometimes shows up sooner then later. We've just seen this scenario way too often. It really is best to drop all assumptions and be prepared to learn. There is no other acceptable option from this side of the equation. If you have artifacts, I'm sure we can confirm that, and most likely offer information on your artifacts. But we can't turn rocks into artifacts. You will get both honest and experienced opinions here. It's the same throughout the forum universe, but this site is the best, in our opinion.
                      Last edited by CMD; 08-18-2015, 05:35 PM.
                      Rhode Island

Comment

ok thank you... I appreciate your help. Indeed I understand fully that a bannerstone is not it. As I stated it is the only thing close that I could compare it to. Again thank you for your courteous responses

Comment

I agree with it being a natural rock, unaltered by man. Not trying to pile on with the rest, but it is what it is. You will always get honest opinions here, some folks don't care to listen as CMD said but the opinions you've gotten here so far are from pretty darn experienced folk. Keep up the hunt and again.....welcome!
                          Southern Connecticut

Comment

Thank you cgode

Comment

I saw some updated pics elsewhere so I dug out a case of fossils. Some pics of crinoids and their negative impressions which would explain the striations you see. Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	169325 Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	169326

Comment

Working...
                              X