Grinding Stone Or Rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding Stone Or Rock?

Hey guys, I hate to keep doing this to you, but I found this really rounded cobble and I was wondering if it might have been used for something. Can't say I see any use wear on it but I don't always know what I'm looking at. The surface does seem to be a little grittier than most quartzite cobbles I pick up. Take a look.

I appreciate any responses, thanks in advance.

Could be some minor work on that. It could just be picture glare too. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	213139
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Should I post some closer pictures?

Comment

Tough call but I think it may be natural
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0691.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	213149
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• oryancochran
          oryancochran commented
          Editing a comment
          That bottom looks flattened, and awful rough compareded to rest of stone. not every artifact was beat to death or utilized till destruction. N.A peoples were opportunistic. If you needed a meal bet this would have been used maybe only once but still used.

Yea that's what I figured... I was just hoping maybe I was wrong.

Comment

You can see it better than us but put it in the maybe pile! Sometimes they just make you wonder.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Mother Nature can make some wonderful objects. That flat spot kinda got my attention as I'm sure it did others, but there doesn't appear to be any indications of use wear that I can see. Will have to agree with Greg. Save it. IF nothing else it'll crack walnuts. ..Chuck
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

It's a nice cobble, I'll use it for a door stop.

Comment

Working...
              X